Tuesday 15 December 2015

A trip to the post office

A trip to the post office is in and of itself not hugely momentous, but when the envelope you are sending contains a comic book script and is being sent to 2000AD magazine, there is a certain feeling of stepping out into the unknown.

I am mentally prepared, I think, for rejection. I know there is loads for me to learn about writing comic scripts. Also, while of course I think the story is good, I am not as invested in it as I would be with a story that has taken me months to write. Script 1. Sent. Job done.

Now, 2000AD are almost unique in the world of comic publishers, in that they will reply and send me back my script - or so they say. I'm hoping that they also give some feedback.  I don't know how long it will take, but different places say somewhere about 6 weeks before you try again, so I hope it will be seen within that period.  Anyway, I'm not supposed to send another until I have heard from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment