Wednesday 30 December 2015

A Confusing Submision

I have written another short story script - more on that later. I have sent it to Timebomb Comics who are at timebombcomics.com and produce a short stories anthology called "Bomb Scares". Their submissions say for first time writers to send them short (up to 5 page) scripts as their first submission.  They have an email address to send the submissions to, but when I sent it I got a "this has not been delivered" message.

They have a general contact form on the website, so I sent a message telling them that my email had been bounced. I got a confirmation email from a completely different website ("Reaper Comics"). A few minutes later I received an email saying that my submission has been passed on to the submission editor. I am confused - did they get the original email? If not I didn't attach the script to the message.  Oh well, it'll all come out in the wash, as Willie Wonka might say,

So the story - it's a story idea I had a while ago, and thought of it as a short story, but it could work quite well in a comic I think.  Two brothers cast a spell which literally takes the M25 as the "Road To Hell". After circling London 3 times a special route opens up allowing them into hell, where everyone is happy and everything is permitted, along the lines of the myth that hell is where all of the fun people will go.  The twist in the tale is that this hell is a fake, and a group of devils have set this up to deliberately mislead people about the nature of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment